BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Falling for the Jerk

Brody’s P.O.V

"Man, that chick has CURVES."

My roommate Jam was pacing the room like a hungry dog. He was, in a way, a hungry dog; for girls. I could always take his word when he said: "Her, she’s a good catch. Go get her." And I would go get her, because there wasn’t a girl on campus that could resist me.

"I’m telling you, she’s amazing!" Jam kept going on with his rant. I waited impatiently for him to get to the point. As a sign of this, I tapped my fingers on the table. "Okay, so it’s like all hourglass, right? And then it does this wave…" Jam proceeded in doing a Hula-girl move to prove his point.

"What are you saying, Man?" I demanded.

"I NEED that chick." Jam looked at me. "I’m saying, you know how our dorm leader’s like chill with everything, right? So I was thinking that girl could move in here with us."

I raised an eyebrow. "How’s that gonna work? Only two people per dorm."

This is when Jam grinned at me like a whale. "Yeah, bro. So I was thinking you could move out and live with her roommate?"

xxxxxxxx

"Damn roommate. Damn best friend, man. Who the hell does this to a brother?" I was still swearing when the door to room 211 opened. A girl looked up at me, and I almost turned around to go kill Jam. He’d said "The other girl will be hot, I promise" and I’d trusted him yet again, but this time he was wrong. This girl was hideous...okay, so she wasn’t hideous, but she wasn’t my type at all. As in not hot/pretty/sexy. She had on enormous glasses, and behind them she was peering at me. I couldn’t really tell what her face looked like because they got in the way of her features, but I wasn’t expecting anything beautiful. She had on an enormous plain white t-shirt and baggy pants. She looked like a box.

"Are you Joyce? The roommate of that other girl?" I asked. She just nodded at me, still staring. The humungous glasses were really starting to bother me. I think I frowned outwardly because she took in a deep breath as she observed my expression.

"Come inside," she said. I followed her in and was hit by a scent of strawberries. This was definitely a girl’s room. I happened to look at Joyce and noticed her black hair reached a bit above mid-back. Her hair did not match her image, it was the type that belonged on my sort of girl.

At this moment I decided to put my killer good-looks to use. "Hey, Joyce." I took a seat on a chair next to the coffee table. "I’m thirsty. Get me a drink?" I leaned back and waited for departing footsteps.

"Get it yourself, asshole!"

My ears almost popped. "What?!" I sat up and stared at her. She glared at me behind her glasses.

"I’m not your slave. I know who you are. You think you’re so special, huh? I’m not falling for it. You may look good but you’re rotten on the inside." She also added some bad words and then left to the bathroom. I just stared at the closed door with my mouth hanging open. What…did that loser-chick just say to me?

Joyce’s P.O.V

My head was spinning when I reached the bath tub and turned the taps to full blast. I let the glasses slip off my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I didn’t like it, but it would be the only way to protect myself from that jerk out there. Slowly, I pulled the oversized clothing off of my body and let it drop to the floor. I ran a hand over my real self to reassure myself that I was there underneath this whole mess. Next, I slowly dropped myself into the tub and let the water run over me. I sighed, wondering how long I would have to keep this charade up.

0 comments: